Going Global with Orchid in…Eswatini
Orchid's Sage add-on software has taken root in many corners of the world, including the Kingdom of Eswatini.
In our recent Going Global article, we mentioned how Orchid’s Sage add-ons are used in 80+ countries. We thought it might be interesting to take a shallow dive into a few of the more exotic or far-flung locations where Orchid software has found fertile ground.
This week we found ourselves setting up an EFT Processing format for a bank in…
The Kingdom of Eswatini
If the name Eswatini isn’t familiar to you it may well be because, until an official name change in 2018, it was known as Swaziland.
Here are just a few quick facts about the country:
- It is one of the smallest countries in Africa, fully landlocked and bordered by Mozambique and South Africa.
- Its mountainous topography, subtropical climate, and multiple rivers flowing through it, make Eswatini one of the best-watered countries in southern Africa.
- The present boundaries were drawn up in 1881, in the midst of the ‘Scramble for Africa’ amongst European powers.
- It was indirectly ruled by the British between 1906 and the gaining of independence in 1968.
- Over 80% of the population identify as Swazi, a nation made up of more than 70 clans.
- The last absolute monarchy in Africa, it has been ruled by King Mswati III since 1986.
- The principal language is siSwati, sometimes referred to as Swazi. English is also an official language, and is widely used for official and written communication.
- There is a dual judicial system, comprising both western-style and traditional Swazi courts.
Orchid EFT's Global Footprint
Today, Orchid’s EFT Processing supports 800+ bank formats in 80+ countries.
From Aruba to Zimbabwe, Eswatini to Ethiopia, we may already have the format you need. If not, just let us know and we can set it up!