Orca Oz Enterprises uses Extender Workflow, including Remote Action, to enforce their 2-Step AP Approval business rule.
Progress workflows without needing to be logged in to Sage 300
Works with any internet-connected device
Great for a remote or mobile workforce
What is it?
Remote Action allows Workflow Users to progress Extender Workflows from any internet-connected device, without needing to be logged in to Sage 300.
This adds an extra dimension of convenience to Extender Workflow, providing an alternative to using the Workflow Console and Workflow icons on Sage 300 screens.
HOW IT WORKS
- One or more Remote Actions can be included when configuring a Workflow Template, using Orchid Extender
- When the Remote Action is triggered, a configurable webform is created on the cloud-based Remote Action service platform.
- When the action is assigned to an individual (or group member) they are notified by email.
- The email each Workflow User receives includes a one-time link, unique to that named user and workflow instance/action.
- By clicking on the link they are taken to a secure page where they can complete the action. (E.g. Approve or Reject, enter a comment, enter a value.)
- Extender retrieves completed Remote Action forms from the website and feeds the results back into Sage 300 to progress the Workflow.
- The retrieval step can be automated by using Process Scheduler to regularly poll the Remote Action website for newly completed forms.
- Progress Workflows without needing to be logged in to Sage 300
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Remote Action webforms are accessible from any internet-connected device
- Secure - no open firewall ports
- A Poplar Development Solution built on the Django Web Framework and hosted on AWS for security and peace of mind.
- Builds on Orchid Extender's ability to execute Python scripts
- Remote Actions can apply to Sage 300 Masterfiles, Transactions & Batches (for Sage 300 core modules, or 3rd party modules developed in the Sage 300 SDK.)
- Workflows, emails and webforms are all highly configurable.
Each Remote Action user requires a named Workflow User licence. A subscription to the Remote Action service is also required.
Remote Action users do not need to be logged in to Sage 300, but the Remote Action service works in conjunction with the Workflow capability provided by Orchid Extender (all editions), which in turn requires Sage 300 to be installed. Automatic polling to retrieve Remote Action results requires Orchid Process Scheduler (Level 1 or higher).