Auto-add freight charges to orders using flexible freight rate rules
Integrate Sage 300 with freight carriers
Automatically record actual freight cost and consignment note number
Freight SmartLink, from Orchid Systems, streamlines Sage 300 integration with single and multi-carrier freight management systems. Selected freight systems are supported by the base product, and integration with others can be facilitated using Orchid Extender.
The bi-directional transfer of data between Sage 300 Order Entry and the carrier means reduced processing costs, better data accuracy, and increased transparency for your customers.
Freight SmartLink also allows freight charges, calculated using flexible rules that you define, to be automatically added to orders and shipments. Actual freight costs are then stored in Sage 300, supporting analysis of freight costs incurred and recovered.
- Customers are automatically charged for freight, stopping revenue leakage.
- Both the actual freight costs and the freight charged to customers are accurately recorded in Sage 300, allowing comparison and analysis.
- Bi-directional integration with freight systems removes the need for duplicate data entry, saving time and eliminating errors.
- Automatic emailing of consignment information to customers facilitates self-service order tracking via the carrier’s website.
- Integration with supported multi-carrier shipping software lets you control which carrier to use, meeting your customer’s needs while getting the best rates.
- Aids reconciliation of freight carriers’ invoices.
- Integrations with new carriers or multi-carrier systems can be created, and existing integrations amended, using Orchid Extender.
- Automatically adds freight charges to orders or shipments.
- Flexible rules for calculating freight charges (flat charge or weight based).
- Freight charge zones can be based on post/zip code or ship-via code.
- Option to make customer PO Number mandatory on Sales Orders.
- Seamless integration between Sage 300 and selected single and multi-carrier systems.
- Allows consignments to be created from a single document (order, shipment or invoice), or from multiple documents (orders, shipments or invoices).
- Uploads consignment note number and actual freight charge to Sage 300, either on creation of the consignment in the carrier system, or on production of the manifest from the carrier system.
- Consignment details automatically emailed to customers upon receipt from carrier.
- Default dimensions per pack size per carrier can be stored to facilitate rapid and accurate data entry.
- Analysis report of freight costs per carrier.
- Developed in the Sage 300 SDK, providing its look & feel and seamless integration with Sage 300's OE module.
- Standard Sage 300 security, customization capabilities.
- Reports can be customized through Crystal Reports.
Freight SmartLink 2019 requires Sage 300 2019 System Manager, Inventory Control and Order Entry.
Orchid Extender is required for custom integration to compatible carrier systems or multi-carrier shipping software.