Interfaces with Address Provider APIs to validate addresses for both correctness and deliverability.
Why use it?
This customization checks addresses not only for validity, but also deliverability when orders or other documents are posted. This can reduce administrative overheads associated with failed deliveries, as well as avoiding costs associated with address corrections and re-sends.
Address Provider APIs supported include USPS, Canada Post and Google.
Real-time address validations include:
- Postal Code lookup
- Postal Code correction
- Route Type correction
- Street Number Validity for Street
- Mismatched Province/State/City
How does it work?
- Uses open source Python libraries to connect to the an address provider API
- Validates the addresses before objects are inserted or updated
- The validation script can be connected to any Sage 300 View with a complete set of address fields.
- If the provider API cannot be contacted, a warning is issued to prompt the user to verify the address manually
Restrictions & Charges
- Google only validates address validity, not deliverability
- All providers require registration., and that users manage their own accounts
- Google and Canada Post both have per-lookup charges
Provides useful functionality ‘out of the box’. (May require configuration, but not coding.)
Orchid Systems, a Sage Tech Partner, has been part of the Sage community for over 25 years. Extender is just one of our innovative add-on modules designed to enhance the functionality of Sage 300.
How to buyTalk to your local Sage 300 partner Send message
- These apps were built by the developers named under the app descriptions, and the associated intellectual property vests with them.
- Orchid Systems does not support or provide any warranty for the apps (unless the developer is listed as Orchid Systems).
- Everyone’s requirements and environments differ, so be sure to thoroughly test any apps you acquire before loading them in your live environment.
- These apps are designed to work in conjunction with Orchid Extender (Developer Edition), which in turn requires Sage 300 to be installed.
- The app developer (via your Sage Solution Provider) can provide you with the full list of requirements for specific apps.