Christmas can mean Many Unhappy Returns
Well-intentioned Christmas gifts often fail to hit the mark. Orchid RMA helps businesses turn unhappy returns into happy ones.
Christmas, in many of the countries where Orchid’s products are popular, is a time of family get-togethers and exchanges of gifts.
The joy of giving is often tempered by the stress of last-minute shopping, where a lack of inspiration runs headlong into an immovable deadline.
It’s hardly surprising that our well-intentioned gifts often fail to hit the mark. Just how often becomes evident when we look at statistics like these:
- This DigitalCommerce360 article claims that, in 2020, daily consumer returns were 70% higher in the week after Christmas than during the preceding three months.
- The same article claims a 41% increase in returns of online orders, compared to the previous year.
- Business Insider predicted in 2021 that 2 out of 3 consumers would return at least one gift during the holiday season.
- Just last month, CNBC.com said retailers expect 18% of holiday sales would be returned.
Managing product returns might be regarded as a cost of doing business, but it shouldn’t be a cost that puts you out of business.
Managing Returns in Sage 300
Orchid’s dedication to improving the management of product returns in Sage 300 goes back a long way - our Return Material Authorizations (RMA) module was our very first Sage add-on, and has helped many businesses streamline their operations and improve customer service.
Orchid RMA It lets you integrate robust, repeatable, workflow-based return and repair processes into Sage 300 that can:
- Automatically allocate and track RMA ID numbers.
- Authorize customer returns, and initiate replacement orders.
- Issue credit notes, and return faulty goods to the vendor.
- Generate cross-referenced entries in Sage 300 PO, OE, and IC to keep records synchronized.
- Maximize cost recovery by correctly charging for repairs.
- Provide status tracking, based on user-definable status & stage codes.
- Keep customers fully informed of progress and status from a single source of truth.
Find out more by from the RMA product page, or start by watching this short introductory video: