Analysis and budgeting in the same tool
Accessible, affordable business intelligence
Better decisions through better information
Do you have to make do with static, two-dimensional extracts and reports when analysing business data, and spreadsheets when producing budgets and forecasts?
- Are you frustrated by having to wait for up-to-date data to answer urgent questions, or by using reports that don’t give you the right detail to make fully informed decisions?
- Do you love the idea of a powerful Business Intelligence tool with real-time ‘slice and dice’ capability, plus integrated budgeting and forecasting, but assume this would be out of reach for a business your size?
What is it?
Info-Explorer is a versatile, intuitive tool providing affordable Business Intelligence, with features normally only available to very large companies. Employ it just for its analysis power, or to prepare detailed budgets and forecasts, from within the same tool.
Consider combining with Orchid Optional Tables to store budget data, and with Orchid Process Scheduler to automate data refresh and distribution of information.
Gain in-depth insight into your true business performance, using current data. Explore many views from within a single cube, rather than relying on multiple reports. Change dimensions (e.g. product, customer, region, period, employee) for clearer insight, and identify trends or exceptions. Drill through to data entry screens for full detail, or keep it high level.
BUDGETING & FORECASTING
Prepare budgets and forecasts quickly and easily. Review and refine your projections, combining multi-dimensional analysis with instant roll-up/consolidation. Control which fields to use, and how they are presented. Save changes back to your cubes, and optionally to the Sage 300 database (or other database) using the Info-Explorer Writeback feature.
Standard cubes included
To simplify getting started, standard cubes are available for Sage 300 GL, AR, AP, OE/Sales Analysis, Project & Job Costing, RMA, Budgets, US & Canadian Payroll, Inventory Control and Purchase Orders, plus selected 3rd party products. You can also use these as the basis for your own cubes.
BUSINESS SCENARIO EXAMPLES
- Analyse sales by customer, sales person or item
- Compare sales for a given period with budget, then pull in specific regions, employees or products to better understand the data
- Calculate commissions - (see our Protect-A-Bed case study)
- Budget by project code
- Insert a budget total and let Info-Explorer populate the build-up
- Compare sales for a customer to their cases in CRM