Use Process Scheduler with Report Runner to automate when reports are run and email reports to selected users.
Launch and distribute recurring reports with ease
Group logically and create role-specific menus
Combine with Process Scheduler for added automation & control
Why use it?
Do you or your staff regularly spend time setting up, running and distributing recurring Crystal or Sage 300 Financial Reports?
- Is time being wasted, or are poor decisions being made, by staff who struggle to access the reports they need, when they need them?
- Would you like to improve both efficiency and data security by ensuring staff can easily launch and access reports that are relevant to their role, without being distracted by or having unauthorized access to those that aren’t?
What is it?
Report Runner forms the heart of your reporting and decision making. It places all your reports, from various Sage 300 (Accpac) modules, into central repositories for Crystal Reports and Financial Reports.
This allows you to quickly and easily access and launch vital reports. Running recurring reports uses the familiar Sage 300 controls: finders, dates, periods and checkboxes. You can run multiple reports, distribute them by email, save parameters for running them again, and create specific report menus for different roles.
Report Runner controls report launching. By combining with Orchid Process Scheduler, you can also control when reports are executed and distributed, according to automated schedules.
Report Runner is part of the Information Manager suite of productivity tools from Orchid.
- Time saving: No need to hunt for recurring reports or set them up.
- Efficiency: Automate routine, repeated processes.
- Streamlined reporting: greater accuracy, reduced errors.
- Productivity: Easy access to the right reports, role specific menus.
- Security: users only see the reports applicable to them.
- Reduced complexity, training: just the reports users need.
- Better decision making with the right information at the right time.
- Launch Crystal Reports and Sage 300 GL Financial Reports.
- Save report parameters to allow quick re-running.
- Keep reports together - group logically by function or process.
- Print, email and save reports. Store your default printer in Options.
- Create email templates for use when scheduling reports.
- Uses flexible parameters on your Crystal Reports or customized Sage 300 reports – finders, date and period pickers, check boxes.
Ease of Use
- Easy to configure and deploy.
- Easy access to multiple reports, including custom reports.
- Export/import report setups from company to company, site to site.
- Developed in the Sage 300 SDK, with the familiar Sage 300 look and feel.
- Create role-specific report menus, with pre-defined and tailored report parameters.
- Assign role-based report access to individual users.
Additional Features for Crystal Report Runner
- Crystal Reports can be exported to additional output types: Excel, Word, XML, CSV, RTF, TXT, TTX.
- Crystal Report Runner can be scheduled to print, store the required printer on the schedule record, and have a specific path and file name.
- Security on individual Crystal Reports (26 groups available).
Report Runner 2020 requires Sage 300 2020. For scheduling, Orchid Process Scheduler is required.