Automated scheduling of critical business processes
Peace of mind with integrity checking and error notification
Use with Info-Explorer to refresh and email cubes
Why use it?
Do you rely on operations staff to manually kick off recurring processes (e.g. data integrity checks, backups, day end processing), and to ensure they complete without incident?
- Is your business being exposed to human error, performance degradation, resource conflicts and staff down time due to critical processes being manually executed during working hours?
- Would you appreciate the peace of mind and convenience of having key processes automatically scheduled, and the efficiency of having them run unattended during off-peak hours, while still being notified if something goes wrong?
What is it?
Process Scheduler enables you to schedule when your Sage 300 (Accpac) data is checked and backed up, and to schedule automation of other processes as required. All schedules are tracked, and a history of the scheduled actions - success or failure - can be reported on at any time.
It maximizes system resource usage by allowing you to automatically perform tasks overnight, when the system is not otherwise being used.
Checking the integrity of your Sage 300 data and running processes on a regular basis has never been easier!
- System integrity: your data is being checked on a regular, recurring basis.
- Peace of mind: critical business data checked automatically, email notification of failed actions.
- Improved data security: automate backups through Sage 300's DBDump utility.
- Save time: automating important routine processes.
- Efficient use of resources: run day end, post batches and run custom processes overnight.
- Easy to use: create and run complex schedules with no programming.
- Easy to learn: with the familiar look and feel of a Sage 300 module.
Available in 3 Editions (Levels 1, 2 or 3)
(Use the More Information button below to see detailed lists of actions that can be selected with each level.)
Business Scenario Examples
DATA INTEGRITY PROCESSES AUTOMATED
- Schedule Sage 300 to check your data integrity unattended.
- Send alerts when new errors are detected.
- Specify which companies and which modules must be checked.
- Keep a history of results of past integrity checks and optionally clear old logs.
- Keep up-to-date test and reporting databases by loading your data into different databases overnight.
SYSTEM PROCESSES AUTOMATED
- Run day end, and optionally post batches.
- Post AR, AP, GL, IC and PJC batches.
- Automatically dump your data for backup.
- Copy/load your data for testing and reporting.
- Schedule custom processes and programs.
- Schedule GL Consolidation Export and Import.
- Reconcile GL Consolidation Import and Export.
- Automate notification of changes to active Sage 300 ERP Modules and Product Update details – per company.
- Close last fiscal period and open next fiscal period, open new fiscal year.
- Check disk space on a nominated drive, and send an email if less than x% is free.
REPORTING PROCESSES AUTOMATED
- Use with Orchid Report Runner to schedule recurring Crystal Reports or Sage 300 Financial Reports
- Use Process Scheduler to refresh and distribute Orchid Info-Explorer cubes