Optional Tables and Info-Explorer are a natural fit. E.g. store custom data related to budgets and forecasts within Optional Tables, and use Info-Explorer to slice, dice and update.
Liberate your information from limitations
Custom data stored within Sage 300
Includes Spreadsheet Add-In with Writeback
Why use it?
Do you store and maintain extra data outside of Sage 300 (e.g. KPIs, budgets)?
- Are you compromising decision making by holding key data externally, where it can’t be readily shared or included in reports?
- Wouldn’t you rather have custom, multi-dimensional data structures within your Sage 300 database, enabling better control and visibility, while also allowing you to view and manipulate data in Excel then write it back to Sage 300?
What is it?
Optional Tables frees you from the limitations of your standard Sage 300 (Accpac) data. Use it when you need to record extra information, analyse your ERP data, or prepare forecasts and budgets.
It lets you create new fields (facts) in any module of Sage 300 (including third party modules developed in the SDK), and link them through to multiple Sage 300 master files (dimensions). You are creating custom data structures within your Sage 300 database, stored in Optional Tables.
You then have the power to use this information in many ways: Manage KPIs, budgets, forecasts, actual results and non-financial data at any level; Report at the level you define, with the combination of dimensions and facts you specify, using financial, non-financial and your own custom data.
Included with Optional Tables is the Orchid Spreadsheet Add-in for Microsoft Excel®. You can read standard Sage 300 data and Optional Tables data, manipulate it in Excel and write data back into your custom Optional Tables in Sage 300. As a budgeting tool, you can develop budget models within Excel, distribute spreadsheets for the collection of budget data, and centrally update Sage 300 with your budgets at the click of a button - while keeping a full history of budget revisions and changes with descriptive notes. Users do not need access to or training for Sage 300, they can complete their budgets in Excel.
HOW IT WORKS
Data is entered directly into Sage 300 with Optional Tables data entry screens. One screen is designed for time sensitive information such as budgets and forecasts, another screen is optimized for static master file input. Or create your own screen. Data entry can also be via the Spreadsheet Add-In.
Hint: Consider using Orchid Info-Explorer to slice and dice this additional data for user friendly, intuitive analysis and budgeting. Combine data shared in Optional Tables and Sage 300 into an Info-Explorer cube. Data (e.g. for budgeting) can be keyed into the cube, then updated to your Optional Tables.
Using Microsoft Excel and a wizard, you set up the formulae for reference data for the report specification – the data required from Sage 300. After populating your worksheet with this data users can format, manipulate and update it as required. With write-back to Sage 300, you are also able to directly update Sage 300 custom Information Sets.
Hint: Consider using Orchid Info-Explorer with writeback as an alternative solution for budget preparation, using cubes and write-back to the database, instead of spreadsheets.
- Strong foundation for better information with Business Intelligence.
- Better information produces better reports.
- Better reports lead to better decisions.
- Budgeting and forecasting freedom – time saving, efficient.
- Time saving: easy to find pictures, images, documents linked to data – increase productivity.
- Single point of information: simple, easy to find – time saving.
- Better control: data is in Sage 300 (Accpac) rather than in external databases, spreadsheets, desktops, etc.
- Optional Tables is a good base to hold extra data so you can do all your Sage 300 customization through VBA. No need to take the plunge into Sage 300 View development with C++ to store data the Sage 300 way!
- Use Microsoft Excel for budget data collection, reporting and write back.
- Increased accuracy, no need to copy and paste.
- More efficient, faster, less checking needed.
- Simplifies budgeting and forecasting.
- Store an unlimited number of budgets.
- Foundation for KPI reports, budgets, forecasts - store non-financial data and more to match your reporting requirements.
- Store multiple budget revisions / changes with descriptive notes.
- Easy data entry choices - manual entry, data import or use the included Spreadsheet Add-In with write-back direct to your Optional Tables in Sage 300.
- Link documents to Sage 300 data – product pictures, purchase orders, whatever you need.
- Secure, multi-user, controlled access to critical custom data - all held within Sage 300.
- Centralized repository of budget, forecast and additional sundry data you can back up along with standard Sage 300 data, no redundancy or duplication of data.
- Define each Information Set with up to 10 Sage 300 views (Dimensions).
- Define an unlimited number of fields per Information Set.
- A base to record extra data to facilitate Sage 300 customization through VBA.
- Developed in the Sage 300 SDK with standard Sage 300 security, customisation capabilities, import/export, data integrity checking and more.
- Built-in wizard to fast track spreadsheet development.
- Include additional budget, forecast and subsidiary ledger information into your Financial Reports by embedding Optional Tables read and write functions into the Excel spreadsheets, using Sage 300's (Accpac) Financial Reporter functions.
Information Manager Optional Tables 2018 requires Sage 300 2018 System Manager and Transaction Analysis & Optional Fields. Spreadsheet Add-in requires Microsoft Excel 2003 or later (32-bit).