Configure notifications and workflows when data changes
Customise Sage 300 business logic without complex code
Develop your own Views and Screens without the complexity of SDK
BUSINESS SCENARIO EXAMPLES
- Improve accuracy and reliability of captured information by using scripts to validate and/or provide default data for required fields.
- Create additional reallocation and deferral transactions in the General Ledger based on custom business rules.
- Automatically create A/P Invoices for salesperson commission based on custom business rules.
- Print and Email order confirmations and invoices automatically based on customer preferences.
- Create files to update external applications when events occur, e.g. Shipment details for the warehouse.
- Enhance security with system logging and custom security scripts, e.g. Apply security at a Field level, or deploy data level security by User or Group.
- Validate changes to field data according to defined limits and users, e.g. who can change a credit limit and to what limit.
- Create a table to store comment templates for items, to be auto-inserted onto Order Item comment or instruction lines when the Item is added to the order.
- Use OCX scripts to add a freight charge to an order at the click of a button, or simplify the capture of Optional Field data.
- Auto-assemble Bills of Materials on the fly as orders are created.
- Synchronize the on-premises Sage 300 Vendors, Customers, GL Codes and Currency Rates to a cloud-based invoicing system.
- Configure a Workflow to approve Customer Credit Limits and log approval history.
Extender 2019 requires Sage 300 2019, and operates with 3rd party modules written in the Sage 300 SDK. Notes functionality requires Orchid Notes. Orchid User licences are required to access Extender Workflow functionality, or to access Extender Logs via screen icons.
Where scripting is required, Python is installed as part of Extender. If you have another version of Python installed it has no effect on Extender - Extender will use its own version. (Python is a widely used, general-purpose, high-level, open source scripting language).