Read how DataQuest helped K&K Interiors streamline data entry processes in Sage 300 Purchase Order screens, and make life easier for their warehouse.
Configure notifications when data changes
Customise Sage 300 business logic without complex code
Develop your own Views and Screens without the complexity of SDK
Why use it?
Do you have business or integration requirements that can’t be met by ‘out of the box’ Sage 300 functionality?
- Are you shocked by high costs associated with software development and upgrades, or worried about adding complexity and risk by introducing solutions that sit outside your ERP system?
- Did you know there is now a cost-effective way to introduce bespoke business logic, from simple validations and alerts through to custom screens and tables, or integration with external applications, all held within your Sage 300 database?
What is it?
Extender allows you to extend the functionality of Sage 300 (Accpac) in many different ways.
It is available in four versions:
Load and run Extender Certified Apps
Configure Events to monitor changes in Sage 300 data, log changes, enable alerts (via email or Orchid Notes), or trigger an external application.
Customize Python scripts to automate business processes, enhance systems integration, develop Custom Screens, and provide tailored validation and alerting by extending Sage 300 business logic (Views).
Develop Custom Tables that form part of the Sage 300 database and database dictionary, tailoring the core system to meet the user's exact needs.
- Enhance the value of existing Sage 300 implementations through cost-effective customization.
- A simple way to create new screens without the need for complicated programming.
- Allows you to easily apply company-specific customizations to a Sage 300 View.
- Save time and money with version independent enhancements.
- Provides SDK customization, without needing to understand all the complexity of the Sage 300 SDK.
- Enhanced auditing capability on any table, any field, at any time, logging what changed, by whom, and when.
- Context sensitive drill down into changes recorded in Logs – without leaving the screen or running reports.
- Python scripts & Custom Tables are preserved as part of the Sage 300 company database, and can be Dumped and Loaded.
- Configurable security – per user per Sage 300 View.
- Synchronize between systems more efficiently, in real time. Only update data that has changed.
- Operates across all Sage 300 modules, as well as third party modules written in the Sage 300 SDK.
HOW IT WORKS
Extender monitors changes made to specific data in a Sage 300 View in real time, and triggers user-defined actions when nominated Events occur.
Available actions depend on the Extender version:
Based on the configuration of Events for the particular View Field or View Operation (insert, update, delete or insert/update), Extender can:
- Send an email using a pre-configured email template, which can contain any pre or post update value of the View fields.
- Create or maintain a Note (Orchid Information Manager Note) using a pre-configured Note template, which can contain any pre or post update value of the View fields.
- Log a change (log the date/time/user doing the change, what the original field value was, and what the new field value is).
- Call an external program.
In addition to Configurator functionality, Customizer augments Sage 300 business logic (View) functionality and facilitates the creation of new screens by providing two APIs:
- View API – allows custom Python scripts to subclass Sage 300 business logic (Views), make use of a collection of SDK View calls, and implement business specific logic at the View level.
(E.g. Check which View fields are changing, or which View operation is occurring, and apply the required logic.)
- Screen API – allows custom screens to be constructed using Python scripts, making use of Sage 300 Screen controls, without the need to develop the UIs in the traditional Sage 300 way (using VB or VBA).
The Python scripts are imported into the company database, so the customizations are backed up with the company data, and will Dump & Load with the company data.
In addition to Customizer functionality, Developer provides an integrated development environment, allowing you to:
- Create your own Sage 300 business logic (Views), with associated View calls and underlying database tables in the Sage 300 company database.
- Maintain the Sage 300 database dictionary without being an expert Sage 300 SDK developer.
- Use the Custom Table Editor to create, update and delete the data in your Custom View – or write a script for a tailored screen.
- Amend Custom Tables (e.g. add or remove fields) while preserving existing data.
- Associate Custom Tables, Scripts, Screens and Events by Module ID for easy deployment between companies on one site, or across sites.
Users can run only the functionality included in the Extender App they are licensed to use. Sage 300 partners can build Extender Certified Apps using the underlying Extender functionality.