Click the image above to watch the video of Anne’s webinar on Business Process Automation. She discusses and demonstrates how a broad range of other Orchid products can contribute to increased efficiency and productivity.
Examples include scheduling the execution of Extender scripts to streamline Collections or Logistics Management...
- Check all open invoices and email details of those that are overdue to the nominated sales rep for follow-up.
- Identify Sales or Purchase Orders that were meant to be shipped/received today but were not, and email details to the nominated contact.
- Check stock on hand for all Item/Location combinations, and raise alerts where quantity is below the minimum threshold.
Extender can also be used automate event-driven actions, including integration with external systems...
- When a new supplier has been created, or selected fields updated, trigger a script to synchronize supplier details on a web page.
- When creating a Sales Order for a Bill of Materials item, automatically trigger an assembly task if there is insufficient assembled stock.
- When a Sales Order is shipped, create an invoice PDF and email it to the customer. Similarly, automatically email consignment note number and estimated delivery date.
The video also touches on various other ways of improving efficiency using Orchid products:
- Using Document Management Link to make relevant documents easily accessible where and when they are needed.
- This includes cross-company visibility - e.g. when using Inter Entity Trade a document can be created and stored in one company, and be visible to staff processing the mirrored transaction in another related company.
- EFT Processing eliminates re-keying of payment batch data into your banking interface. Recurring receipts, such as monthly subscription payments, can also be automated.
- Inter Entity Transactions can save hours or days each month by generating auto-balancing loan account entries, or mirrored bank account entries.
- Return Material Authorizations can generate replacement orders, credit notes or vendor returns without the need to re-key data.