Email SmartLink is part of the Information Manager suite of productivity tools, designed to leverage your investment in Sage 300 by making relevant information available when you need it, how you need it and where you need it.
The easy way to email a link to a Sage 300 record
Just click an icon to create an email, and paste in a hyperlink
Recipient clicks the link to directly access the Sage 300 record
Why use it?
Do you often need to send or receive emails that reference a specific Sage 300 masterfile or transaction record?
- How much time do people in your organisation spend manually typing in references to Sage 300 records, then manually looking them up?
- What if you could create a new email from within Sage 300 with a single mouse click, Ctrl-V to paste in a hyperlink to the active record, and have the recipient drill directly through to that record?
What is it?
Email SmartLink can dramatically streamline the way you create emails referring to Sage 300 masterfile or transaction records, then access those records.
How it Works
- When working in Sage 300, an email icon will be displayed on the menu bar for the active screen.
- The user can click on the email icon, and a new email window will pop-up.
- Enter the recipient, type up the email, and simply Ctrl-V to paste in a hyperlink to record currently open in the active screen.
- After receiving and opening the email, the recipient clicks on the hyperlink
- Sage 300 will automatically be opened (if not already open), and they will be taken directly to the relevant screen and record.
Watch the short demonstration below:
- Supports collaboration and communication between colleagues
- Quickly and easily generate an email referring to a Sage 300 record, from within Sage 300
- The email recipient can directly access the Sage 300 record referred to
- Increased accuracy - the link is automatically generated, so less risk of mistakes or confusion
- Creates a link to either a Sage 300 masterfile record, or a Sage 300 transaction
- Works on any Sage 300 screen for users who are configured as an "Orchid User"
- Works with all Sage 300 core modules, and also 3rd Party modules developed in the Sage 300 SDK
Email SmartLink 2018 requires Sage 300 2018 System Manager.
Orchid Information Manager must be installed, with a licence for at least one Orchid User.
Both the email initiator and email recipient must be configured as Orchid Users.
Note: Existing "Existing Document Management Link Users" are automatically converted to Orchid Users.